If you need to change your return

At Finsol Tax Advisors we have Accountants in Watford who provides a wide range of accountancy services including tax returns, annual accounts, payroll and bookkeeping.

Self Assessment: It is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax.

If you need to make a change to your tax return after you’ve filed it, for example because you made a mistake, either:

• update your return within 12 months of the original deadline
• write to HMRC for any changes after 12 months

Your bill will be updated based on what you report. You may have to pay more tax or be able to claim a refund.

Updating your tax return
How you update your tax return depends on how you filed it.

Online tax returns

• Log in to your HMRC online account.
• From ‘Your tax account’, choose ’Self Assessment account’ (if you don’t see this, skip this step).
• Choose ‘More Self Assessment details’.
• Choose ‘At a glance’ from the left-hand menu.
• Choose ‘Tax return options’.
• Choose the tax year for the return you want to amend.
• Go into the tax return, make the corrections and file it again.

You can be trust on our accountants, who have helped many corporate and individual clients achieve financial success. In you want to know more details about our services contact us today!




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s