If you have been told to send a return

Finsol Tax Advisors is a professional firm of Accountants Uxbridge offering accounts, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.

Self Assessment Tax: It is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax.

If you get an email or letter from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) telling you to send a return, you must send it – even if you don’t have any tax to pay.

If you used to send a tax return but don’t need to send one for the last tax year, you can contact HMRC to close your Self Assessment account.

You must also tell HMRC if you’ve stopped being self-employed.

Claiming tax relief
Fill in a tax return to claim money back from HMRC for:

• Donations to charity
• Private pension contributions as a higher or additional rate taxpayer, or if your scheme isn’t set up for automatic tax relief
• Work expenses over £2,500 – if they’re less and you don’t need to send a return for any other reason, contact the helpline instead

Registering for Self Assessment
You need to register if you didn’t send a tax return last year. How you do this depends on whether:

• You’re self-employed
• You need to send a return for another reason

If you’re new to Self Assessment, you’ll need to keep records (for example bank statements or receipts) so you can fill in your tax return correctly.

Our accountants have a fully knowledge and they are experts in their field. We provide you the friendly and correct advice so if you want any kind of service contact us today!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s