If your tax returns is more than 6 months late

Finsol Tax Advisors is a professional firm of Accountants Finchley offering accounts, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.

Tax return: It is a document that must be filed with the HM Revenue & Customs declaring liability for taxation.

If your tax return is 6 months late, HMRC will write telling you how much Corporation Tax they think you must pay. This is called a ‘tax determination’. You can’t appeal against it.

You must pay the Corporation Tax due and file your tax return. HMRC will recalculate the interest and penalties you need to pay.


If you have a reasonable excuse, you can appeal against a late filing penalty by writing to your company’s Corporation Tax office.

Check recent tax forms or letters from HMRC for your Corporation Tax office address or call the Corporation Tax helpline.

If you want to know more details about our services contact us today!

finsol 18


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s